14 April 2013

A Trip to "God is Love" Orphanage - as told by Caroline

Caroline talked, I (dianna) typed. 

"Saturday morning I went to an orphanage with my mom and Emma.  Some people go every week - this was my first time. We sang some songs and played some games with some kids who are orphans.  A couple...I can't remember their names...takes care of all the kids.  I don't know how many kids are there...maybe about 20...or 12...no...I think it's closer to 20.    I got to hold a baby chick. 
We went in a land rover.  My friends Bella and Nathaniel went in the Land Rover, too.   We all sat in the back.  Emma did, too. The Walls were in the other car with some other people. It took us about 30 minutes to get there I guess. 
While we were there  I got my nails painted pink and blue.  My mom let one of the girls paint her nails all of the colors.  Isabella's dad let them paint his nails, too!  That was so silly!!!  And I got to hold a baby.  My favorite part of the day was when I got to hold the baby.  Emma said her favorite part was taking pictures (cause my mom lets her do that so she's not so fussy).
Ms. Herma taught a story about how if you build your house upon the Rock of Jesus it will not tumble down.  And I got to stand on a pillow to show how it is hard to keep your balance on ground that's not firm.  And then I stood on the ground while the other girl stood on the pillows.  They were teaching us that if you build your house upon the sand it will go "splat" but if you build it on the rock, it will stand. That means if you trust in God your life will keep standing - even if it rains or storms or hard things happen.

The children were nice. I'm glad I went.  I don't know if I'll go again...maybe.  Bella said the kids are coming to the ship this Sunday for a Pancake Party...I think that's something the Dutch do.  Maybe I'll get to hold the baby again. 
We came home and ate grilled cheeses and drank apple juice."

Surely there will be more to come!

1 comment:

  1. I love that Caroline loved holding the baby. I hope your and your family are well and enjoying your time with Mercy Ships.

    ReplyDelete