Here are some fun numbers for you...there are some interesting facts we thought you might like to hear (we picked a few from the multitude that could be shared!). And the pie charts tell you about the patient and surgery numbers. All were taken from the "Africa Mercy Programs Projects Progress Report (PPR)".
As of February 15, 2014, there have been...
- 547 pairs of reading glasses distributed
- Over 800 participants in Leadership Conferences
- 1093 individual counseling sessions by our Hospital Chaplaincy Team
- 367 participants in Health Care Education Courses
- 25 participants in a Mid-Wife Course
- 4,179 patients at the Dental Clinic
- 26 participants in Various Mentoring programs (Ward Nurses, OR Nurses, Sterilization, Anesthesia, Surgeons)
- 347 bibles distributed
- What if you had been of those who received a pair of reading glasses and now you can see better for the first time?
- What if your Mama was one of the 570 who had cataracts removed?
- What if it had been your baby girl whose tumor was removed and now she's GOING TO LIVE?
- What if your son had been one of the surgeons who was mentored? - now he's going to return to his home country and save lives because of the skills and knowledge that he has gained!
Praise God these aren't just numbers...they are lives. Lives impacted and forever changed by God's love and work through the Africa Mercy. And don't you love that you get to be a part of it?
Surely there will be more to come.