06 January 2016

Somaya: beautiful garden surrounded by roses and flowers

This is a story put together by our Communications Team about a beautiful little girl named Somaya.  It's also a story about God's faithfulness to Somaya's Mama, Neny.  And it's about God's love for Neny's neighbors.   And it's about His goodness to let all of us be a small part of bringing hope and healing to some of His beloved children. 

Many times Neny’s neighbors told her to get rid of Somaya because she was born with a cleft lip and palate. They frequently told Neny to just put her in an orphanage, but Neny refused. "She is a gift from God. Soon I will find a solution to fix her lips and then she will be like everyone else. I was really sad and was praying for a solution every day.”

Neny was told it would cost US$122 for an operation to fix Somaya’s mouth.  “I earn 3,000 Ariary (less than US $1) a day. From this we must buy food and pay rent. It would be completely impossible for me to save this money. When I heard about Mercy Ships on the radio broadcast I knew it was my answer from God." 

Two year old Somaya was offered reconstructive surgery at no cost to Neny. Now she can eat and speak normally for the very first time. No longer will Somaya have to endure the ridicule from neighbors. Just a few weeks ago, Somaya returned home to celebrate her first Christmas with rose-bud lips and a restored palate!

Isn't she beautiful?  And with the tiniest scar to remind her that God sees her and cares for her....a testimony to the fact that He gives His children good, good gifts.  Isn't that what scars can often be?  A reminder of what we've been brought through.  A reminder of the healing that has taken place.

I wonder who this little girl will grow up to be.  I wonder how God's going to use her to bless and strengthen and draw people to Himself.  I wonder if she'll come serve on a Mercy Ship in a couple of decades.  I wonder what God has in mind for this little 2 year old treasure.  
I looked up the meaning of her name.  "Somaya: beautiful garden surrounded by roses and flowers." Our writer, Sharon, was spot on in saying that Somaya celebrated Christmas with rosebud lips. 

Surely there will be more to come.  

1 comment:

  1. Your articles are more than wow! And also the best way to make understand the things mentioned in it.
    advance payday

    ReplyDelete