16 November 2015

Return Addresses

This might possibly be the most random blog post ever....but I (dianna) think it's pretty interesting - maybe you will, too (or maybe this will just continue to confirm how very quirky I am)(though quite a while back I decided that "quirky = freedom to be who God has made me to be!")

Fun fact:  we are instructed to always shred all names and addresses before throwing things away here on the Africa Mercy.  Really it's not a bad thing to practice no matter who you are or where you live - there's always the possibility that trash may be gone through in America but it is a definite  reality that trash is gone through in Africa.  It's actually very impressive how trash is used and even stewarded here.

Another fun fact:  we LOVE getting mail. (click on that phrase for more information on this topic!)   Thanks to the kindness of so many, we end up with quite a few envelopes that need to be shredded, BUT, honestly, I don't always want to make the not-even-very-far trip down to the shredder....so I rip out the return addresses (ever so carefully). And I save them (and then I throw the envelopes away in our trash can).

2014 Christmas Cards sans the Return Addresses
Return Addresses (I tried hard to make sure no one's address was fully showing in this picture!)
the collection
I don't even know why I'm sharing all of this....I was just tearing the return addresses off the envelopes the other night and thought "This is so random...and it would be fun to share."  And I also thought "I bet no one has a clue that this is being done with their return addresses."  

I'm also sharing because I need some help - I don't really know what to do with all of the return addresses. Right now they are filling up a little basket in my desk drawer.  I keep thinking some great idea is going to pop into my head...but, alas, nothing has.  Maybe I should try to find something on pinterest (I just ventured into that world recently.  Watch out.)

Any ideas?  What can I make or how can I use these delightful bits of paper?  Because they really are gifts from God - each one represents a card, note, letter or package that some awesome individual or family sent our way.  

Thanks to each of you that have sent tangible love and care to us through the mail.  Your efforts cross the ocean and encourage our souls!! 

Surely there will be more to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment