02 November 2012

Continuing on with the Tour

In "planning" this tour of the ship via our blog, I've had a few realizations:
 
1) What most of you want are pictures from our daily life here on the ship 
2) Most of the pictures that I was thinking about taking and sharing have already been taken and are available for your viewing pleasure on the Mercy Ships' website.
3) There's no need for me to recreate the wheel when it was created so beautifully the first time (and by photographers who have significantly better skills than I do.)
 
So,  if you  want an official tour you may be better off to click on this link or you can download the 360 tour by clicking here.   
 
We are still going to give you a tour  - it just may not be  "in order" and it will certainly not cover every aspect of the ship (but we will definitely share the parts of the ship that are special and significant to us!).  Thanks for letting me change course mid stream.
 
Having said all of that...I do want to share some pictures I came across today when I thought I would be sharing Deck 3 with you in an upcoming post!  I was trying to find pictures of the Operating Rooms, the Recovery Room, the Wards, the ICU, the Admin offices, the Sterilizing Room, the Pharmacy, the Lab, the Supply Room, Radiology, the BioMed office, the Hospital Chaplaincy, the "housekeeping" room..,cause those are all a part of Deck 3 - along with some cabins and a few other rooms that I'm sure I'm forgetting!  
 
The Door to one of the Operating Theaters.  There is scripture all over the place on Deck 3.  On the walls, on the doors, in the wards...it's lovely.  
 
A Max Fax Operation in Process


Whole lot of Sterilization Going on Here

These next few pictures are the ones that I'm most excited  about sharing with you.  They are pictures from the Wards.  These pictures are just tiny glimpses into the LIFE that is shared with the patients on board the Africa Mercy.  They have fun down there!!  Balloons, games, crafts, songs, lots of human interaction, thousands of smiles & laughs, nurses who get on the floor and play with children, crew members who come down and share a few minutes with patients...I can just see Jesus in these rooms and in the JOY that is present even in the midst of pain and suffering and recovery.  Hope and healing is happening on Deck 3.
 






There are probably 400 pictures similar to these that are "share-able" -- and, even if you got to see all 400, it would still just be scratching the surface of the work that God is doing on Deck 3 of this floating hospital ship. 
 
Surely there will be more to come. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment