05 September 2012

Screening Day Was A Success!

Our friend Shell took this picture of the Screening Line
 
Quotes from friends (via facebook) regarding Screening Day: 
  • What an amazing day! God is good!
  • Just got back from the Screening Day. It appears to have been a sucessful day. Thank you all so much for your prayers
  • A HUGE thank you to God, Mercy Ships, volunteers, day workers, military security, media, prayer warriors and all of the absolutely wonderful and blessed people (and little people) who came to our patient screening today. I fell in love with all of the kind eyes and gentle hearts I met. I love my lot in life!!
  • ‎19 hours after beginning my first screening day, I am going to bed... More thankful, humble, and amazed at the suffering in this world and the joy of the Lord that can overcome all circumstances. Over 3,000 people were seen by medical professionals today. Amazing! It took a village to make this day work. Praise God for His faithful and humble servants
  • Back from a full day of screening thousands of potential patients! I am exhausted in every way possible, but so thankful to have been a part of it. Thank you for your prayers!
  • Yesterday was my first screening and everything turned out very successful here in Conakry. I talked to a lady working at the gate and she said that we saw over 3,500 potential patients. Many had already been turned away at that point during the pre-screening. With caregivers, potential patients, and pre-screening I would say that there were around 8,000 people yesterday
  • Praise God for an amazing turnout at the Screening yesterday!
  • Truly the power of prayer and the power of people devoted to reflecting God through our mission
And this last one from our friend Dr. Bullock (He's the ship's the Chief Dental Officer):
After screening thoughts: I think I now have a glimpse of how it will feel when I stand before my Lord and Savior and realize how insignificant I am. It was like standing before a storm and there is nothing left but faith, love and obedience.
I was prayerful the pictures from past screenings were a condensing of the worst, but sadly it was the norm. Perhaps this is how Jesus feels when looking at us. The image of His Father twisted in pain and suffering and only a dogged sense of just saving as many of us as He can.  
No matter how bad it looked He was still there. Every Tumor, every growth, every blemish to be hidden from the sight of man. His loving presence was there. Abounding in loving kindness for many.  
If you have have any calling to help 'the least of these'. Please don't hesitate. Answer His call. TODAY!
 _________________

And then this morning when I went down the steps to go to work, there were patients!!  They are already here!!  The first surgeries will be tomorrow. 

Thank you so much for praying for us and with us.  Please keep it up!  Being a part of God's work through this ship is incredible - hope you're enjoying being a part of it, too.

Surely there will be more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment