15 April 2012

immunizations & icecream!!



Thursday was the day!!   After much research and many phone calls (and probably a bit of procrastination if we're being completely honest)(there's just been so much to do!!!) we got our immunizations - at least some of them!  The only place in Columbus that gives the Yellow Fever Vaccine (that I could find!) is the Urgent Care on Armour Road.  

We had to wait a while...Caroline can be the pictoral representative for our whole family.  I thought I took pictures of the others...but I was actually videoing them...oops.  Everyone waited patiently! Caitlin the Cheetah (leopard?) even got to come along for moral support.
 







 
We put on our brave faces, rolled up our sleeves and took our shots! The staff were fabulous to accommodate our entire family in a really small space!  They were kind...and even let me have a Dora band aid!






And the reward!  ICECREAM!!!!!!  (and I love how God even provided buy one get one free waffle cones...and a free cone for emma!)  This picture was taken from inside Bruster's by the girl who served us:


Icecream choices:  Nick: double chocolate chunk; Dianna: 1/2 birthday cake, 1/2 cotton candy explosion; Eli and Caroline: orange sherbet; Emma: "pink" (strawberry).

Emma and I shared a bit...


Overall, "immunizations & icecream" was a HUGE success!!!   We won't be rejected trying to get through customs in whichever African country we are trying to enter - we have our "yellow cards" (I guess if we are rejected, it won't be for lack of yellow fever vaccine!!)



Surely there will be more to come!