16 March 2012

peace

It hit me last night as I was rocking Emma (here I go again, posting from the first person...)

The Seeds Family Worship version of Isaiah 26:3 was playing:  "You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you."  (side note: we highly HIGHLY recommend Seeds Family Worship.  It's scripture set to music - excellent music that I'm thankful to get stuck in my head.  Check it out here if you get a chance).

It hit me - God is keeping His promise to us.  I've been feeling His peace....His perfect, lovely, unexplainable-by-human-standards, beautiful PEACE.  We are trusting Him and He is keeping us in perfect peace.  And the amazing thing is that the reverse is true, too.  As He keeps us in perfect peace, it's easier to trust Him.

"God, we trust You" - that's been a huge theme as of late.  We trust YOU more than we trust ourselves.  We trust YOU more than we trust logic.  We trust YOU more than we trust practical.  We trust YOU more than we trust possible.  We trust YOU more than we trust a plan.  God, we trust You.  

And His Peace -- He's pouring it out.  We're experiencing peace....and it's incredible.  When the anxious thoughts try to creep in, the peace is louder and stronger.  When the practical side of me can't make it all work out, His peace supersedes my reasoning abilities (or lack thereof).

Is it selfish to want more?  I certainly want all that He has to offer....and He wants us to receive all that He has to give.  So I'll continue asking (and would love for you to ask for us, too!).

As we sort and pack and give and sell....peace.  As we sell our house...peace.  As we figure out physical long-distance friendships and family relationships...peace.  As we pray for financial provision to come....peace.  As we prepare to go...peace.  As we take each step of this journey....peace.   (And as we go get shots sometime in the not too distant future...peace)(and icecream). 


Thank you, God, for Your peace.  

Surely there will be more to come.